Naj is a mother, author, educator, community change agent and advocate for children, youth, women and families. She is the founder of Passion 4 Dreams Inc. Naj is the author of My Magnificent Hair (2016) and I Come As I Am: Reflections of Verse (Revised 2016).
She has been featured in the documentary of Early Childhood Video for Ontario by the College of Early Childhood Educators (2013) and several newspaper articles within Ontario, Canada. As a trailblazer, Naj is not only an author and mother, she is passionate about community and uses her talents, skills and knowledge to partner with organizations and community leaders to work towards sustainability and build stronger communities. She is active volunteer within her community and has served as a board member for not-for-profit organizations.
International Speaking Engagements:
- One Woman Fearless Women’s Summit, Guest Speaker, Topic: Moving with Purpose and Not Fear, Columbia, Ohio, June 29th, 2019
- BookCon Book Expo, through Book Vine Press, Book Signing and Interview, Javits Centre, New York City, June 1 to 2, 2019
- One Women Fearless Women’s Summit, Guest Speaker, Topic: Moving with Purpose and Not Fear, New York City, March 16th, 2019
- Indie Author Day, Pickering, Ontario, October 5th, 2019, Keynote Speech
- African Canadian Literary Education (ACLE), July 2019
- One Woman Guest Speaker, Ohio, June 29th, 2019, Highlighted Video
- One Woman Fearless Woman Summit, New York, March 29th, 2019, Guest Speaker, Highlighted Video
- Ontario Library Association (OLA), 2018,
- Co-facilitator and organizer of the Girl’s Empowered Youth Conference (October 2018), Highlighted Video
- Guest Speaker at Black Women Bridging Borders, York University, (2017)
- Guest Speaker at Seneca College Career Day, (2017)
- The organizer of Passion 4 Dreams Black History Event, covered by RogersTV Peel Region, (2017)
- Share Caribbean News Paper, (2013)
- Featured in the College of Early Childhood Educators Promotional Video Highlighting Early Childhood Educators in Ontario, (2013)
- Featured in the Toronto Sun Newspaper, (2012)
- Featured in Toronto Metro Business Newspaper, (2011)
- Featured in Seneca Red Magazine, (2011)
- Received Seneca College Distinction Award,(2011)
Naj continues to speak and share her experiences within organizations, community settings, workshops and events. She is not only a role model for young girls and women, but she is also a change agent and leader, empowering others to step out of comfort zone to pursue their own goals and passions. She is determined to continue to use her gifts, knowledge and skills to IMPACT lives.